Vernon and District Immigrant Services has been assisting clients and the Community since 1989 with Settlement Issues, Employment Services and English Language Classes. Our Services are available in English, French, Spanish, Bisaya, Tagalog and German. We are a Non-Profit Society serving Immigrants and Newcomers, Visible Minorities, First Generation Canadians and their families.
- To assist in orientation and settlement of Immigrants and Newcomers to Canada.
- To recognize and provide unmet needs of Immigrants in the Community.
- To encourage an attitude in the community of cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- To encourage and assist Immigrants to participate in Canadian Society.
- To provide a reception and information center for social, cultural and educational interactions.
- To assist in employment readiness through access of existing programs and creation of new programs.
Our Vision is a vibrant community that welcomes our clients and provides excellent opportunities for them to contribute to a society in a way that appreciates the value of cultural and ethnic diversity.
- We believe that everybody can make a unique and positive contribution to our society
- We recognize that participation is a two-way street in which our clients and the wider community gain the most through positive and frequent exchanges
- We will partner with other organizations which share our values in order to broaden our network, share capacities, and create greater opportunities for clients
- We will be ethical and honest
- We will be socially and environmentally responsible
- We will be respectful of culture and ethnicity